Based on 56 votes and 24 reviews
Planning to see it again.
Highly recommend! I would pay to see it again and will buy the DVD when it comes out! Loved all the characters and the costumes were gorgeous!
Great entertainment, I LOVED IT! Definitely worth seeing again.
Amazing. The writers have excelled again.
It was fun to see all of our favorite characters interacting and the familiar sights and sounds. The plot was very contrived and tried to fit in too many story lines instead of developing 2 or 3 more fully. Good for a get away but it won't win an Oscar.
Loved this series, from PBS through both movies! Very well developed characters (even the secondary characters). Only reason I gave a 4 star, was one of my favorite characters.......(spoiler alert!) "Grannie....Countess" (Maggie Smith) was a great part of best dialogue through the whole series (" weekend.....what is a weekend?") It has been a pleasure to go down the dirt path to the grand castle of the Crawley family and experience the times past.
BRAVO -- Great cast and superb acting, this movie was even better my second time. A MUST SEE! Films as we remember, no bad language, no violence and plenty of good characters, music and a good story. The world needs more of this to Hollywood!
The movie was excellent entertainment with a terrific cast and nice story. Also excellent historic period pieces and beautiful presentation of motor cars, clothing, furnishings etc. Highly recommend.
We loved watching all of the characters come to life again on the big screen!! There are some laughs and a few tears; and it is a joy to to watch.
It was perfect. So engaging and captivating. Wonderful actors and storyline. I hope he makes another one!
O.M.G. The acting is so powerful & will reach you. So good, will see it again for sure. Great story, funny, sad and a lot of guessing. Real entertainment takes you back in time , good vocabulary, good manners, shows respect for each other all about family. BRING TISSUES!
The movie was a long awaited delight. It was so nice to see the family and staff back . The sets and costumes were top notch. The two storylines were seamlessly entwined and the film kept my attention for the entire two hours. I look forward to future films with the cast. I found this film more entertaining than the first film.
A wonderful movie that you will enjoy very much. Highly recommended!
I enjoyed everything about this movie! I'm usually a Marvel/action movie fan but this was a refreshing change! Great acting and beautiful costume design!
Loved the movie, great costume period. My only objection is, Is it necessary to have a gay content in every movie? For me that was a downer and really wasn't necessary. Not that I do not recognize the gay issue, but I feel as a straight male we are being beaten over the head with this agenda in all phases of life. 5% of the population is not a reality to the other 95% of the populace. Great work, more of same, please.
Although a very clean movie all around…..that’s about all I enjoyed. Very predictable, could have taken a nap instead.
Great movie all was excellent; nothing to dislike.
Great story all was excellent and nothing to dislike.
I had so looked forward to this show and it did not disappoint. Julian Fellowes did another great job with this one. There's a lot of funny pieces, as well as some tearful ones but all were wonderful scenes. And you could really see the personal growth of Lady Mary. I don't know if Julian has another movie in him and can't wait to see it if there is.
Good to see all the old characters and the new as well. GlD to see all are happy and a little sad.
Entertaining, much better story line then the first movie. Fabulous sets and clothing as usual. Great to see our familiar friends and check in with them, all aging gracefully. The ending is a humdinger....
I loved the staff all dressed up and at the dinner table. I will go see it again !,
Better than the first, let’s have another!
I LOVED EVERYTHING ABOUT THIS WONDERFUL STORY OF THIS FAMILY. WAS VERY DISAPPOINTED WHEN IT ENDED. WISH THEY WOULD BRING IT BACK
Best movie of all time, I went to a preview screening and it was incredible!!! I'm definitely going again.